Renewable Energy in Iceland

Iceland is the only country in the world which obtains 100% of its electricity and heat from renewable sources. 87% of its electricity comes from hydro-power, and the remaining 13% from geothermal┬ápower. Oil-powered fossil fuel power stations are only used as backups to the renewable sources. Almost 100% of Iceland’s space heating and water heating … Continue reading Renewable Energy in Iceland